About Me

My photo
The more I learn about quilting, the more I like it. I grew up in Southern California but have lived in Missouri a bit longer now. Mother of two young men Grandmother to adorable girls.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fabricholic, who me?


I went to my friends for a retreat this month and made on quilt top , the brown and green "Patience Corners" below and completed another, my Pointless Wonder. I need to fiqure out the backing and have them quilted. I also have completed two  X & O's baby quilts one shown below in Woodland Wonders and a Pooh fabric with blue trim. I place flannel on the back, so they would be oohh, sooo soft.



I do like the feeling of accomplishment when I complete a project. A friend of mine said a quilter will have so many project going at once. I have in the past have had 2-3, maybe. I now find myself with 11, starting 12 today. I am going through my stash and have all this fabric and am thinking....what am I going to do with this or that. Thank heavens for plastic totes and storage.

Where did all this fabric come from and why is there always more that I want. I have this crazy sickness of "Fabricholicism." Now, if there is truly such a disease, Please, please do not find a cure. I will accept my illness. I am more than sure it will not be fatal and kill me.

You Know You're a Fabricholic when...

1. The employees in the fabric store know your name.
2. The employees in the fabric store invite you to dinner.
3. You have your own parking space at the fabric store.
4. You make your children share a room so you can have a craft room.
5. In your sleep you moan, "Ohhh Alexander Henry."
6. You can tell someone how many yards on a bolt without blinking.
7. You own more than 3 bolts of fabric.
8. You'd rather sew than have sex, eat, sleep or well anything!
9. You can NOT, NOT go a week without buying fabric.
10. Your Favorite place to go is your LQS.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment