About Me

My photo
The more I learn about quilting, the more I like it. I grew up in Southern California but have lived in Missouri a bit longer now. Mother of two young men Grandmother to adorable girls.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sewing and Sewing some more....

I took a class through my quilting guild "The Sew and Sews", the quilt squares were called "Pointless Wonder."  I made 12 squares and have started a lap quilt with brown strips. I have no idea how this will turn out. So stay tuned for some picture soon.

Meanwhile I finished the donation quilt top and am about to quilt it. Thanks Quilts for Kids for the project. you can go to http://www.quiltsforkids.org/volunteer/
They will send you the fabric for a quilt, or I challenge you to send in one of your own. Please contact QFK to get the information.

Now, I also have found some cute Christmas ideas for gifts from my local quilt shop Missouri Star Quilt Company   http://missouriquiltco.com/shop/  , I love this shop. I found the most darling patterns. I have been able to go to Friday night sew, as well as I was able to take a class for cell phone case.
With Christmas coming, I really want to make gift for friends and family. I have jeans cut for a flannel and jean rag quilt. I am hoping to make a quilt for a raffle at work. It is that time of the year. Busy, Busy, Busy.

Tonight I am moving all my sewing stuff to my craft room downstairs. I am getting ready to set it all up. Who knew fabric is so heavy and takes up that much  room. I certainly am getting a workout.

Happy Thanksgiving

Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment